Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas and Cousins

Here we are right in the thick of the Christmas season! Haidi, Nick, Lyra, Marley, Zia the dog and the Kitty all arrived last night! We woke up and had waffles and then the kids played for hours in the basement - oh and Lyra watched the nutcracker video(her favorite).
Laura and I have had an interesting week prepping for the Holidays and the Telles arrival. Last Monday started off for me with an eye examination and my pupils being dilated to the extreme. After that I came home and was puttering around with my sunglasses on, chopping firewood and stoking wood stoves as it was still minus 30! I then proceeded to do a wood stove "safety" check and burnt my right palm ( to the second degree!) I spent the next 24 hrs with and ice pack and a bit of morphine. Fortunately I didn't have to work much for the rest of the week. I closed off my work year on Friday and left a nice message on our answering machine stating that HIS Electric was closed until the fifth of January! Yahoo!
Jesse's in a bit of a teething phase. Currently he eats TONS of pureed carrots, squash and rice cereal. Ava is thrilled to have her cousins here!

We were at Oma and Opa Hols' place for dinner on Tues night. We opened gifts with them and Jeff& Jenn and them went to great Oma/Opa's place for the annual rowdy gift swap (gift stealing allowed) Laura brought a Chinese fighting fish complete with mini tank, food and seashells. It was a hit! Tonight we're off to Hazelton to see Nana, Grandpa and Pepito the goat!




No comments:

Post a Comment